Senin, 27 Januari 2014

Bahasa Inggris



Selain mata pelajaran matematika, ada salah satu mata pelajaran lagi yang akan diujikan dalam Ujian Nasional SMK kelas XII, yakni mata pelajaran bahasa Inggris. Dalam hal ini saya akan membahas mengenai Standar Kompetensi dan Kompetensi Dasar mata pelajaran bahasa Inggris kelas XII SMK Jurusan Pekerjaan Sosial.
Standard of Competence
Basic Competence
Comunicating in English at an intermediate level
3.1 Understanding a monolog in a certain working
      situation
3.2 Understanding a conversation with native
      speakers
3.3 Understanding technical documents
3.4 Understanding a manual for using appliances
3.5 Writing a business letters and a simple report
3.6 Presenting a report

BAB 1 AT WORK
Language in Use
            1.         Asking about Someone’s Job
            Some common expressions to ask someone’s job are :
            ● What do you do ?
            ● What do you do for a living ?
            ● What is your occupation ?
            ● What is your profession ?
            2.         Discribing Someone’s Job
            If you want to describe someone’s job, you can start by saying :
            ● The name or kind of job.
            ● The work place
            ● The job description
Example job
            1. A chef = Someone who cooks food in a restaurant
            2. An arcithect = Someone who designs buildings and house
            3. An electrician = Someone who handles electricity problem
            4. A nurse = Someone who take care of patients
            5. A secretary = Someone who deals with and answers phone calls in an office
BAB 2 RESERVATIONS
Language in Use
            Here are some common expressions dealing with reservation.
            A.        Making a Reservation
            ● I’d like to make a reservation
            ● I’d like to book a room for January 3
            ● I’m going to book a double room for this weekend
            B.         Helping with a Reservation
            ● May I help you ?
            ● How would you like to pay ?
            ● How many room/tables do you want to reserve ?
            C.         Confirming a Reservation
            ● I’d like to reconfirm my reservation
            ● I’d like to confirm my flight
            D.        Canceling a Reservation
            ● I’d like to cancel my flight
            ● I’m afraid I have to cancel my reservation
            ● I’m sorry to inform you that I have to cancel my reservation
            E.         Complaining about Something
            ● I’m sorry I have to say this but I think the air conditioning in my room doesn’t work properly
            ● I’m sorry to bother you, but I think there’s something wrong with my computer
            ● Maybe you forgot to give me a change
            F.         Making Arrangements/Appointments
            ● I’d like to meet you tomorrow afternoon if it’s convenient for you
            ● I wonder if we could arrange a time to have lunch tomorrow
            ● Are you free next Saturday ?
BAB 3 MANUALS
Example :
            How to Clean Your Digital Camera
            First, clean the body of the camera. Wipe any dust on the camera, using compressed air, an air blower or a dry cloth. Don’t use anything like window cleaning liquid, which might damage your digital camera.
            After cleaning the body, you can clean the camera lens. Use a soft cloth to wipe the lens. Only use lens cleaning fluid to clean the lens on your digital camera. Don’t forget to wipe the lens cap for any dust. The clean the image sensor. Use an air blower to remove the dust. Don’t use compressed air or anything like window cleaning liquid to clean the sensor.
            Finally, clean the inside of the camera. Open up your camera, use an air blower to clean the inside of the camera for any dust.
BAB 4 UNDERSTANDING A STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP)
Example :
            Rules for museum visitors ;
1. Buy ticket before entering the gate
2. Leave all your belongings before entering the building
3. Do not eat, drink and smoke in the building
4. Turn of your radio or tape recorder
5. Touching the antiques is prohibited
6. Do not take any pictures of the antiques
BAB 5 WRITING LETTERS
More about letters :
            1. Return Address
            2. Date
            3. Reference Line
            4. Special Mailing Notations
            5. On-Arrival Notations
            6. Inside Address
            7. Attention Line
            8. Salutation
            9. Subject Line
            10. Body
            11. Complimentary Close
            12. Signature Block
            13. Identifications Inisials
            14. Enclosure Notation
            15. cc
BAB 6 WRITING AND PRESENTING REPORTS
Speaking > Language in Use
            Some common expressions in presenting a report :
            A.        Greetings
            B.         Introducing the report
            C.         Analyzing a point and giving recommendations
            D.        Giving an example
            F.         Dealing with discussion
            G.        Summarizing and concluding
Writing > Commonly used headings for reports
            1.         Tittle Page
            2.         Abstract (summary of executive summary)
            3.         Table of contents
            4.         Introduction
            5.         Discussion or body
            6.         Conclusion
            7.         Recommendations
            8.         Reference list
            9.         Appendices

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar